Tuesday, August 3, 2010

David Hicks Hexagonal Wallpaper

This wallpaper was first designed in the 1960s by David Hicks. It is available once again through wallpaper manufacturer Cole and Son. David Hicks was a very influential English interior designer who was born in the 1920's. I think this geometric print is brilliant, I particularly like the pink colourway it reminds me of some of the interior designer Kelly Wrestlers work.






Interesting Fact 
The other day I was watching Toy Story when I noticed that the carpet in the scary toy torturing next door neighbours house was the Hix Hexagonal Print the wallpaper is also very similar check it out.  


Then I was informed that the carpet is also the same as the carpet in the Hotel in the movie the Shining. See the image below.

No comments:

Post a Comment